Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.Mahatma Gandhi
The mission of the outpatient therapy team at Gallatin Mental Health Center is to provide counseling and therapy services in a safe and supportive environment for a diverse population including individuals, families, and couples. We aim to assist clients in their pursuit of goals related to mental health, relationships, and wellness through a collaborative process built on trust, respect, and integrity.
We are committed to:
- Honoring a client’s journey
- Utilizing a treatment team approach
- Focusing on identified goals
- Forming strong therapeutic alliances
- Respecting and attending to diversity
- Facilitating hope, resiliency, and wellness
- Maintaining confidentiality and ethical practice
- Cultivating client feedback and positive outcomes
Description of services
The outpatient therapy program at GMHC provides comprehensive individual, group, couples, and family therapy for youth and adults. We can help you with a variety of presenting issues along the spectrum of mental health. We also utilize a client-directed, outcome-informed method of feedback to assist in monitoring the effectiveness of therapy. Read more about Partners for Change Outcome Measurement System here or visit heartandsoulofchange.com.
Our team is made up of master’s level licensed and unlicensed therapists, as well as counseling interns who are completing their graduate school internship. Each therapist and intern is unique in his or her style and approach based on best practice research, clinical judgement, and client preferences. On a basic level we all subscribe to an emphasis on the therapeutic alliance and client empowerment, and providing a non-judgmental, genuine environment in helping you to reach your goals.
We utilize a variety of therapy modalities in treatment including but not limited to:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Circle of Security
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy for couples
- Motivational Interviewing
- Illness Management and Recovery
- Sensiormotor Therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- Mind Body Work
We understand that beginning therapy can be scary or uncertain, and many people come to therapy hoping for a “quick fix” or “cure.” It is of utmost importance therapy is a collaborative effort between you and your therapist, and you work closely together to determine the most effective strategy. We value what you bring to therapy and we welcome any and all questions!
Manager: Megan Schunk