Thank you for your interest in Gallatin Mental Health Center as an internship site!
Graduate Counseling Internships
As an intern at GMHC, you will have the opportunity to work with many different clients from many different backgrounds. We will help tailor your internship experience to individual interest areas as much as possible. You will gain valuable experience working on multidisciplinary treatment teams, developing treatment plans, and providing individual and group counseling. You will learn about state policy and legislation, mental health center operations, and consumer driven and recovery oriented philosophies among other things. Most importantly, you will have a professional, supportive, and fun environment in which to learn and grow as a clinician.
If you have any questions about graduate counseling internships, please contact Andy Kemp at 406-556-6500.
Undergraduate Counseling Internships
Undergraduate level internships are available for energetic and committed individuals to serve as interns for Gallatin Mental Health Center. Interns will work closely with the staff on a variety of tasks, including program coordination and assistance, outreach, event planning, donor and volunteer management, and administrative duties. Work schedule is flexible and is decided on a site level; however, the candidate must be able to commit to between 8-10 hours per week. The internship will provide interns with an opportunity to develop the following skill sets:
- Experience working with a diverse, multi-cultural population
- Experience working with lower-income families
- Experience in case management and social service delivery
- Experience in program development and promotion
- Experience in data collection and needs assessments
- Experience in assisting with supported employment program
- Experience in working with evidence based practice and recovery focused models of care
If you have any questions, please contact Andy Kemp, 406-556-6500